Friday, October 14, 2011

Realism Check


OK, so, at one point I said I'd be finishing a novel this year. You'll note, it's October. I'm about 20K words in, writing each scene as it occurs to me, still framing and reframing the order of events and plot elements. Just as I've expected, it's creating an engaging and reasonable sequence of events that is slowing me down.

Yet, I persist and I am moving forward. When I make the next plot decision I believe it will allow me to roll ahead for another 10K or 15K words. Of course, since I don't know what comes between there and the final scenes...

Any road, it ain't be gonna be done this year. Next year a draft, for sure! Watch for another excerpt as soon as something cool happens ;) Also watch for The Book of Visions this winter, with a developed system of trancework and energy-sorcery.

No comments: